Bar & Guesthouse
Quay St, Westport, County Mayo, Ireland
McCarthy's Bar & Guesthouse is a family-owned traditional pub and newly built modern Guesthouse owned and run by Michael & Geraldine Foy and centrally located in Westport town.
Westport is the 3rd largest town in Mayo and very popular with tourists as an ideal base to explore Connemara, Achill Island and Clew Bay.
All rooms are spacious and have en-suite, TV, orthopaedic beds, Guest Lounge and tea/coffee making facilities. Breakfast is a full Irish breakfast with vegetarians catered for. McCarthy's is family friendly, with baby sitting service & cot also available. Limited car parking and secure lock-up garage for motorcycles.
- Westport has a new all-weather Leisure/Swimming Pool complex, Cinema and children's playground which is ideally located at the rear of the guesthouse
- Why not visit Westport House and attractions located at the Quay area
- Westport has a large selection of Italian, Chinese, Thai Indian and also good 'auld' award winning Irish restaurants. Seafood a speciality in many eating places. Westport also has it's fair share of pubs where you can hear music nightly - Matt Molloy's Pub (of Chieftains fame) being one of the most renowned
- Interested in walking? There are a lot of mountain, coastal and nature walks. Croagh Patrick, one of the most famous mountains, can be climbed all year
- Westport also boasts a championship golf course and there is a choice of other golf courses and driving ranges within easy reach - Ballinrobe, Castlebar, Belmullet, Claremorris etc
- Visit Westport Heritage Centre or Turlough Park Museum of Country Life
- Other activities nearby include clay pigeon shooting, horse riding, surfing, cycling and cruises to the islands
- Mayo is famous for lake and river fishing and sea angling. Boat hire can be arranged
- Within easy driving distance are Knock Shrine, Foxford Woollen Mills, Ballintubber Abbey, where the 'rich & famous' - and not so famous - get married!
- For a scenic day trip check out Kylemore Abbey, Connemara National Park, Killary Harbour & fjord, Clifden, Leenane and Galway city
McCarthys can also offer self-catering (rental) accommodation in 2 modern apartments close to the B&B.
McCarthys supply a reliable taxi service and can arrange pick-ups from your arrival point - bus, train or airport. Transport to and from your collection point/activity can also be arranged.
- Rates vary from euro35 during the low season (September to May) to euro45 during the high season (June to August)
- Single supplement may apply
Geraldine & Michael Foy
For further information vist the McCarthy's Lodge Website